So a bunch of random guys walk into a bar...

on Jul 21, 2010

My third day in the Spanish capital was decidedly chill.

I had yet to actually see the city, so I rolled out of bed for the free tour at 11:15. This one was not a New Europe Free tour and it was free for a reason. Our tour guide wasn't all that great, but following her around for an a few hours did give me an opportunity to see all the sights of the city. I even got some free cookies from some nuns!

The tour walked us back to hostel by about two and I spent a good portion of the afternoon chatting with several of the people Id met the night before. I had spent so much time partying in Madrid that spending time in a place that felt like home with friends was very enjoyable. After a while on the road alone, you need to recoup for a day.

At five, Frenchie and I decided we wanted to take a trip to the public pool. We rounded up Kinero and the remaining two of the three Germans and headed out. It was a relaxing way to spend the afternoon and there was never a dull moment with the company I had. When we left, Kinero discovered his money had been stolen (AGAIN! This poor guy had the worst luck in Madrid.) from his bag. We searched around a bit, with no luck, and headed home.

There was to be no going out for the night. I was leaving for Valencia at 8:45 the following morning and the Germans were heading for Barcelona just as early. We packed our things up and left around ten for some food and a couple of one euro beers. But the bar was full, so we settled for kebaps. It was the first time I had ever had a kebap. I can't figure out why they don't have them back home. They're cheap and very good. Kind of like a pita, but better. We spent the walk back telling people on the street we were homosexual Muslims when they tried to get us into the clubs and bars (which was hilarious), said our goodbyes, and hit the sack.

I'm going to miss Madrid.

0 Reactions:

Post a Comment