What a Week...

on Feb 19, 2010

It's Friday. Finally. The last week has been an incredible roller coaster. Let me give you a quick recap of what went down.


Last Thursday. Off work early. Power surge on electrical grid blows up my Marantz power amp at 4:30pm. $1200 to properly replace it.

Friday. Went to Lawrence with Nathan. Hung out at Ayrick's place.

Saturday. Went to Lawrence. Left for a free Ok Go concert at the AMC Midland with Nathan, Ayrick and a couple others. Didn't get in, place was full to capacity. Came back to Lawrence and went home because I couldn't get into any bars. (Fuck the alcohol laws in America. This is becoming a real issue that I hope will be changed soon, even after I turn 21.)

Sunday. Friend of the family passes away.

Monday. 4:45 am. Dad wakes me up to tell me my neighbor Ed has passed away. He's the only person who's ever filled the role of a grandfather in my life.

Tuesday. Went to Hooters with Cody. Won Tuesday Trivia and 100 free wings. Beat out 8 teams, and I won the cracker eating tie breaker for us!

Wednesday. Received my Stoic eVent shell in the mail. Awesome.

Thursday. Went to Ed's funeral. Received my Patagonia R1 [Edit: turns out the jacket I have is actually an R3 Radiant. MUCH MORE BADASS!] in the mail. Went to Legends to see The Wolfman under the impression that Cody and I could get into VIP seating. Turns out the girl on the phone was wrong.

Which brings me to today. Got off work at 1:30pm. Slept all afternoon. Going to Manhattan tomorrow to watch DJ and Meriel in a track meet. Should be good.

Crazy, huh?

0 Reactions:

Post a Comment